Looking for a quick Irish recipe to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Simply put together this delicious ground beef casserole!
How To Make Irish Ground Beef Casserole
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 lb. potatoes cooked and mashed
- Pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Cook ground beef in frying pan until brown.
- Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Lower heat and cook for 10 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add beef broth, bring to a boil.
- Stir in enough of the butter and flour mix to make a thick gravy to bind the filling.
- Pour into large shallow baking pan and cool.
- Cover meat mixture with potatoes. Butter top.
- Place in oven and take out when top turns a golden brown.