Tacos in casserole form — what could be better? This fiesta taco casserole recipe features traditional taco filling baked with cheese and enjoyed with tortilla chips.
How To Make Fiesta Taco Casserole
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 15 oz spicy chili beans undrained, in sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups tortilla chips coarsely broken
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 medium green onions sliced
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded, or Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips as desired
- Lettuce as desired, shredded
- Salsa as desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown. Drain and set aside.
- Stir in beans and salsa. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- In an ungreased 2-quart casserole, place broken tortilla chips. Top with beef mixture.
- Spread with sour cream. Sprinkle with onions, tomato and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Arrange tortilla chips around edge of casserole. Serve with lettuce and salsa.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 880mg | Potassium: 687mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 626IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 213mg | Iron: 3mg