If you love chicken enchiladas, this recipe is a must-try! Savory chicken, beans and potatoes make this enchilada casserole one of our favorites!
How To Make Chicken and Potato Enchilada Bake
This chicken and potato enchilada bake recipe is a must-try. Layers of savory chicken, earthy potatoes and vibrant tomato salsa in every bite.
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Total: 40 mins
- 16 oz tomato salsa, pureed
- ½ cup chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, roasted or poached, diced
- 1½ cups potatoes, roasted and diced
- 8 flour tortillas, or corn tortillas, small
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- cooking spray
- 2 oz potato chips, per serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a baking casserole of your choice.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pureed salsa, chicken or vegetable broth, and flour. Whisk until evenly incorporated.
- Pour half of the sauce onto your greased baking casserole then set aside.
- Divide your chicken, potatoes, and 1 cup of cheese evenly between 8 tortillas.
- Roll these up, then layer on top of the casserole.
- Pour the remaining sauce to coat the enchiladas, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly, cheese has melted, and tortillas slightly turn crisp.
- Serve with potato chips and enjoy!
- Sugar: 7g
- Calcium: 463mg
- Calories: 761kcal
- Carbohydrates: 61g
- Cholesterol: 168mg
- Fat: 31g
- Fiber: 10g
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 1936mg
- Protein: 59g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 1346mg
- Vitamin A: 1211IU
- Vitamin C: 57mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!