If you love chicken enchiladas, this recipe is a must-try! Savory chicken, beans and potatoes make this enchilada casserole one of our favorites!
How To Make Chicken and Potato Enchilada Bake
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 5 potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 10 oz. enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease a baking pan.
- Add the oil to a skillet and then add the shredded chicken and beans.
- Season with cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder and pepper.
- Stir in the enchilada sauce and cook, mixing frequently until the sauce bubbles.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add the potatoes.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes or until tender, drain and set aside.
- Transfer the chicken into the greased pan and then layer the potatoes on top. Make sure that the potatoes are dry.
- Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 761kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 59g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 168mg | Sodium: 1346mg | Potassium: 1936mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1211IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 463mg | Iron: 4mg