This recipe is such a classic that it is impossible not to know how to make. Simple seasoned pan-fried chicken breasts served with 5-minute mushroom gravy. Make it better by serving it with a side of boiled vegetables and mashed potatoes.
How To Make Pan Fried Chicken Breast with Brown Gravy
This simple, and fast pan fried chicken breast with brown gravy recipe is a classic. Golden brown, juicy chicken is paired with a savory 5 minute gravy.
- Prepare the sauce first. In a saucepot or deep skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the flour, Italian seasoning, and onion, and garlic powders. Whisk until it forms a roux and allow to roast briefly until it forms a light caramel color.
- Add tomato paste and roast briefly.
- Deglaze with red wine and reduce briefly.
- Add chicken broth and bring sauce to a simmer. Continue simmering until the sauce has thickened and reduced by half, roughly 10 minutes.
- Cook the chickens next. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a wide skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and place the chicken skin side down.
- Sear for roughly 3 to 5 minutes until the skin turns crisp and golden, then flip to sear the other side.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add butter, garlic, and dried thyme or rosemary. Allow the butter to melt, then baste the chickens frequently while the chicken cooks.
- Allow the chicken to fry in the butter roughly 5 to 7 minutes, until fully cooked. Baste frequently.
- Once the gravy has thickened, season with salt and pepper. Adjust accordingly and set aside.
- Once the chickens have cooled, place it onto a plate with some vegetables and potatoes.
- Pour the gravy into a serving container, garnish the plate with parsley, and serve together.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 87mg
- Calories: 656kcal
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Cholesterol: 92mg
- Fat: 50g
- Fiber: 6g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 975mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 33g
- Sodium: 1175mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 3521IU
- Vitamin C: 49mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Kaldereta is a hearty Filipino stew. This recipe combines its tomato-based broth with rich coconut milk to make an even more robust dish.
Shrimp louie is a salad that originates in San Francisco. It combines the shrimp with greens, avocado, tomato, and boiled eggs.
Pan-Fry & Skillet
Whip up a mouthwatering serving of garlic lime shrimp with this quick recipe! It's coated in honey and lime for a tasty flavor contrast.
Covered in almond flour & pork rinds, this keto-friendly fried chicken breast offers a crispy baked dish that's served with a spicy mayo dip.
Pies & Pastries
Just the plump filling of these fried shrimp tacos keeps you wanting more! Plus, they're topped with fresh cabbage salsa for extra crunch.
Simple and tasty food is what this Texas chicken spaghetti recipe is all about. You\'ll love the clean flavors and easy process of making this homey dish.