The strong flavors of the spicy barbecue sauce and bourbon make this Southern dish a winner. If you cannot take spice, you can swap out the spicy barbecue sauce for a non-spicy version.
How To Make Mark’s Feed Store BBQ Chicken (Copycat)
Mark’s Feed Store BBQ chicken recipe is spicy good. Savory chicken with a sweet and spicy BBQ sauce mixed in with smooth bourbon.
- 1½ lb chicken , wings and drumsticks (half of each)
- 3 cups barbecue sauce
- 3 tbsp hot sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 oz bourbon
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F then line 2 baking sheets with foil.
- In a pot, add barbecue sauce, hot sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, and bourbon.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and turn it down to a simmer. Continue simmering on low for about 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and reduced.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Toss the chicken with roughly 1 cup of the sauce, then place onto the lined baking sheets. Ensure that all the same chicken parts are in 1 baking sheet, as the wings will roast faster than the drumsticks.
- Roast the chicken for roughly 50 minutes.
- Once it’s cooked through, brush it with more sauce and place it back in the oven on broil for 3 minutes.
- Serve with roughly ¼ cup accompaniment of choice and garnish ¼ teaspoon parsley per serving.
- Sugar: 80g
- Calcium: 89mg
- Calories: 633kcal
- Carbohydrates: 97g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Fat: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Potassium: 692mg
- Protein: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 2521mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 611IU
- Vitamin C: 10mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!