How To Make Chicken Satay with Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
This chicken satay with peanut sauce recipe makes a mouthwatering dish of tender chicken, grilled to perfection. The chicken is dipped into a homemade peanut sauce loaded with nuts and warm flavors of spices.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chicken and mix until the marinade has fully coated the chicken.
- Cover, and transfer to a chilled area. Marinate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- The next day, allow the chicken to come to room temperature while preheating your grill. Grease this with cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor, combine 4 tablespoons of water, peanuts, onions, lemongrass, ginger, chilis, and garlic. Puree until smooth. You may need to add more water if the paste is too thick.
- With the remaining lemongrass stalks, bundle them up together and tie them into a ribbon. Set aside.
- Heat up oil in a skillet, add the spice paste, and saute for roughly 3 minutes until the oil splits from the paste, and becomes very aromatic.
- Add the lemongrass ribbon, water, salt, tamarind powder, sugar, coriander, and sweet soy sauce.
- Reduce to a simmer and continue simmering for roughly 8 minutes until the sauce has thickened. The oil will further separate once the sauce has thickened.
- Adjust seasoning then discard the lemongrass strips. Set the sauce aside.
- Thread roughly 3 to 5 pieces or 1 ounce of chicken onto your soaked skewers. Skewers submerged in water will delay the skewers before they start burning.
- Grill the chicken on each side, roughly 3 to 5 minutes per side, until the chicken is fully cooked and slightly charred on both sides. Baste with vegetable oil as necessary.
- Serve your chicken satay together with ⅓ cup of the peanut sauce per serving!
- Sugar: 18g
- Calcium: 100mg
- Calories: 743kcal
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Cholesterol: 178mg
- Fat: 48g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 6mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 19g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g
- Potassium: 974mg
- Protein: 41g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 1413mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 263IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!