How To Make Chicken Satay with Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
3 hrs 10 mins
3 hrs 22 mins
For Chicken Marinade:
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 lb chicken breast skinless, boneless, cut into 0.5x4-inch strips
For Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup parsley or cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 pinch cayenne powder
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the peanut butter and salad dressing until smooth.
- Place chicken strips in the mixture. Cover the bowl and marinate for 3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Once marinated, thread 2 chicken strips onto a skewer. Arrange skewers on a metal grill rack positioned over a foil-lined baking pan.
- Heat broiler on high. Broil skewers for 6 minutes and then turn them over. Broil another 4-6 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- If you choose to grill the skewers, place the skewered chicken on a hot grill for 8 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients until well combined. Serve with the chicken skewers, if desired.
Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 293mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 222IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg