This recipe makes a sweet glaze for a juicy ham. You’ll love sinking your teeth in this tasty dish. Serve it during family gatherings or potlucks and it will be a sure star at the dinner table.
How To Make Baked Honey Ham
- Roasting Pan
- Small bowl
- 2 cup honey
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cloves
- 6 lb ham or 3-4 lb. boneless ham
- In a small bowl, combine honey, brown sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Heat honey sauce and pour over ham to marinate for 12 hours before baking.
- To cook boneless ham, slice half way through at 1/4-inch intervals, then tie with string. Place in roasting pan.
- Bake bone-in ham at 350° F for 1 hour to heat through, basting with honey sauce occasionally with a pastry brush.
- If desired, bake another 10 minutes at 450° F to glaze the top.
- Take out from oven and add in another baste before serving.
Calories: 1301kcal | Carbohydrates: 125g | Protein: 74g | Fat: 57g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 211mg | Sodium: 4058mg | Potassium: 1097mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 123g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 4mg