How To Make Eggless Pecan Pie
- 1 1/2 cup pecan pieces or halves
- 1/2 cup bread flour sifted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp dark molasses
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp dark rum
- 1 pie shell 8 inches, baked
- Place pecan pieces or halves on cookie sheet and toast in a 375 degree oven about 15 minutes or until crisp and slightly browned.
- Mix flour and 1/4 C. sugar together with fork until smooth. Bring water, butter, remaining 1/4 C. sugar and molasses to a boil in a saucepan. Add sugar and flour mixture and whisk vigorously.
- Bring back to a boil over medium high heat and cook until thickened and clear, about 3 minutes.
- When the filling is cooked, add the 1/4 C. condensed milk along with the vanilla flavoring. Add rum and nut pieces.
- Stir together and pour this filling into the pie shell. Allow to cool and set before cutting.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 169mg | Potassium: 184mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 291IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg