Use this method and get perfectly set up and crispy tater tots every time! Add extra seasoning to your preference and serve with classic ketchup.
How To Make Copycat Sonic’s Crispy Tots
- 1 cup water
- 6 large russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 cup vegetable oil
- In a bowl, whisk together salt and water until salt is dissolved.
- Pour into a food processor and add in potatoes and pepper. Process until broken down and drain water from potatoes.
- Spread potatoes into a microwave-safe dish and heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in flour, cayenne, and additional salt and pepper. Spread potatoes evenly in dish and freeze for an hour to set up.
- Heat oil in a skillet or saucepan until bubbling and cut potatoes into bite-sized tots; fry until golden brown. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess grease.
Calories: 53kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 4IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg