Don’t settle for generic apple pie filling for your turnovers. Try out this super simple and extra yummy brown sugar and apple mixture to fill your crescent rolls with! If you want a little more sweet for this treat, whip up a standard powdered sugar glaze to drizzle on.
How To Make Cinnamon Sugar Apple Turnover Crescents
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter, apple slices, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Apples should be tender and brown sugar dissolved.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate each can into 8 triangles.
- Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and fill half of the triangles with apple mixture.
- Seal turnover by placing another triangle on top of the filled pieces and pinch sides together.
- Brush turnovers with 1 tablespoon of melted butter and sprinkle a mix of 2 tablespoons of cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Sugar: 21g
- Calcium: 36mg
- Calories: 309kcal
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fat: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 66mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 500mg
- Vitamin A: 223IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!