How To Make Glazed Orange Bundt Cake
Delightfully fluffy, orange-y, and bright in color, this Orange Bundt Cakes is generously made creamy and glazed with a tasty and easy-to-make orange glaze!
Lower the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray the inside of a 10 inch bundt pan with nonstick spray or grease thoroughly with butter. Set aside.
Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together. Set aside.
Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy – about 1 minute.
Add the sugar and beat on high speed for 2 minutes until creamed together.
Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
Add the eggs and the vanilla. Beat on medium-high speed until combined. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl as needed.
Beat in the orange zest and juice.
With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the buttermilk and mixing each addition just until incorporated.
Do not overmix. The batter will be slightly thick.
Pour or spoon the batter evenly into the bundt pan. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Cover the cake loosely with aluminum foil if you begin to see the top browning quickly.
Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes inside the pan.
Invert the slightly cooled bundt cake onto a wire rack set over a large plate or serving dish.
Allow cake to cool before glazing and serving.
Easy Orange Glaze:
Whisk the confectioners’ sugar, 2 tablespoons of orange juice, and vanilla together. It will be very thick.
Whisk in 1 or more tablespoons of juice, depending on the desired thickness of the glaze.
Drizzle over the cake.
Slice and serve.
- Make-Ahead & Freezing Instructions: Prepare cake through step 14. Cover the cake tightly and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze up to 2 months. Bring to room temperature, make the glaze, and serve.
- Cake Flour: Sift cake flour before measuring.
- Buttermilk: It is recommended to use real buttermilk in this recipe. Or use a DIY soured milk. To do so, simply add 1½ teaspoons of white vinegar or fresh lemon juice to a liquid measuring cup and enough whole or 2% milk to reach ¾ cup. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes, then use in the recipe. Lower fat or non-dairy kinds of milk work in a pinch, but the cake won’t taste as rich and moist.
- Instead of baking in a bundt pan, bake in two 9×5-inch loaf pans. The bake time for each will be about 45 to 50 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Calories: 545.73kcal
- Fat: 20.87g
- Saturated Fat: 12.44g
- Trans Fat: 0.75g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5.59g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.24g
- Carbohydrates: 83.66g
- Fiber: 0.86g
- Sugar: 50.55g
- Protein: 6.82g
- Cholesterol: 123.94mg
- Sodium: 395.51mg
- Calcium: 82.09mg
- Potassium: 142.56mg
- Iron: 3.50mg
- Vitamin A: 191.80µg
- Vitamin C: 10.34mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!