How To Make Mango Mochi
Make your desserts even more special with this mango mochi recipe. Indulge in the flavors of mango, sugar, milk, and coconut.
- In a large mixing bowl, add glutinous rice flour, cornstarch, sugar, milk, coconut milk. Mix well and add melted butter.
- Mix until everything is dissolved completely. It’s important to make sure the mixture is smooth without any lumps.
- Transfer the mixture to a smaller bowl that can fit into your steamer.
- Add a steaming rack to a large pot and add about 2 inches of water. Once boiling, place the bowl with the mixture into the pot.
- Cover and steam for 10 minutes until the dough becomes slightly translucent.
- Transfer the mochi dough to another plate, cover with plastic wrap, and let it cool to room temperature.
- In the meantime, cut the mango into small square cubes, about 1/2 inch.
- Wet your hands with water and take about 1 ½ tablespoon of dough. Form the dough into a ball and flatten it into a circular shape using your hands.
- Place a piece of mango in the center. Pinch the four corners of the dough, and then pinch the remaining corners together.
- Coat the mochi ball with shredded coconut. Chill the mango mochi balls in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To test the doneness, poke the dough using a spatula or fork, if there’s no liquid in the middle, the dough is ready.
- When transferring the mochi, use oven mitts or kitchen towel when removing the plate from the steamer as it’s very hot.
- Sugar: 12g
- Calcium: 161mg
- Calories: 4132kcal
- Carbohydrates: 772g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Fat: 90g
- Fiber: 19g
- Iron: 16mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g
- Potassium: 1398mg
- Protein: 49g
- Saturated Fat: 73g
- Sodium: 74mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 348IU
- Vitamin C: 13mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Kaldereta is a hearty Filipino stew. This recipe combines its tomato-based broth with rich coconut milk to make an even more robust dish.
Pan-Fry & Skillet
Whip up a mouthwatering serving of garlic lime shrimp with this quick recipe! It's coated in honey and lime for a tasty flavor contrast.
Pies & Pastries
Just the plump filling of these fried shrimp tacos keeps you wanting more! Plus, they're topped with fresh cabbage salsa for extra crunch.
Dip, Sauce & Condiment
You might not be able to get enough of this Nashville hot sauce. It features a mix of cayenne, paprika, and light brown sugar.
Simple and tasty food is what this Texas chicken spaghetti recipe is all about. You\'ll love the clean flavors and easy process of making this homey dish.