How To Make Mango Mochi
Make your desserts even more special with this mango mochi recipe. Indulge in the flavors of mango, sugar, milk, and coconut.
Prep: 10 mins
Resting Time: 30 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Total: 50 mins
- 3⁄4 cup glutinous rice flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- ½ cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup coconut milk
- 1 mango, (use a ripe mango that’s sweet and not too firm)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- coconut, shredded, for coating
- In a large mixing bowl, add glutinous rice flour, cornstarch, sugar, milk, coconut milk. Mix well and add melted butter.
- Mix until everything is dissolved completely. It’s important to make sure the mixture is smooth without any lumps.
- Transfer the mixture to a smaller bowl that can fit into your steamer.
- Add a steaming rack to a large pot and add about 2 inches of water. Once boiling, place the bowl with the mixture into the pot.
- Cover and steam for 10 minutes until the dough becomes slightly translucent.
- Transfer the mochi dough to another plate, cover with plastic wrap, and let it cool to room temperature.
- In the meantime, cut the mango into small square cubes, about 1/2 inch.
- Wet your hands with water and take about 1 ½ tablespoon of dough. Form the dough into a ball and flatten it into a circular shape using your hands.
- Place a piece of mango in the center. Pinch the four corners of the dough, and then pinch the remaining corners together.
- Coat the mochi ball with shredded coconut. Chill the mango mochi balls in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To test the doneness, poke the dough using a spatula or fork, if there’s no liquid in the middle, the dough is ready.
- When transferring the mochi, use oven mitts or kitchen towel when removing the plate from the steamer as it’s very hot.
- Sugar: 12g
- Calcium: 161mg
- Calories: 4132kcal
- Carbohydrates: 772g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Fat: 90g
- Fiber: 19g
- Iron: 16mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g
- Potassium: 1398mg
- Protein: 49g
- Saturated Fat: 73g
- Sodium: 74mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 348IU
- Vitamin C: 13mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!