Lava cake isn’t reserved just for chocolate.
How To Make Lemon Lava Cake
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 2 boxes lemon pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- powdered sugar
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on its packaging.
- Pour the cake mix into a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Combine the dry pudding, milk, sugar, lemon juice, and water in a bowl.
- Whisk the mixture for 2 minutes until it becomes slightly thickened and the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the pudding mixture on top of the cake mixture. But make sure not to spread it.
- Place the baking dish on top of a cookie sheet to catch any drips while cooking. Afterward, bake it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- Allow the baking dish to cool for 20 minutes while the sauce thickens slightly. If you so wish, sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the cake.