Lava cake isn’t reserved just for chocolate. You can make a tangy version by making this easy lemon lava cake recipe!
How To Make Lemon Lava Cake
Satiate your sugar cravings with our Lemon Lava Cake recipe. With its sweet, creamy mouthfeel, you’ll surely enjoy this dessert.
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F and grease the ramekins with butter and dust with sugar.
- Place all the ingredients for the lemon curd, apart from the butter, in a saucepot on a gentle heat and whisk continuously for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. Avoid boiling.
- Take off the heat and whisk in the butter, cube by cube until all the butter has melted and emulsified into the sauce.*
- Pour into a wide bowl and cool for 20 to 30 minutes, or until it reaches room temperature.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add milk, zests, and eggs. Continue beating until evenly incorporated.
- Fold in the flour until evenly incorporated.
- Divide the batter between the ramekins until half full.
- Take a disposable piping or food bag, snip off a corner (as necessary) and pour the curd inside.
- Insert the pastry tip into the center of the batter in each ramekin and pipe in the curd until ⅔ full. Cover as necessary.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and spring back when touched.
- Immediately run a knife around the edges of the cakes before turning them out onto plates.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if preferred, and serve immediately.
*A neat trick is to plunge the bottom of the saucepot into iced water for a few seconds before adding the butter, avoiding it to split and bring down the hot temperature enough to emulsify.
- Sugar: 144g
- Calcium: 99mg
- Calories: 1433kcal
- Carbohydrates: 184g
- Cholesterol: 497mg
- Fat: 73g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 20g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g
- Potassium: 277mg
- Protein: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 43g
- Sodium: 724mg
- Trans Fat: 3g
- Vitamin A: 2451IU
- Vitamin C: 22mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!