Craving to get a taste of Mexican cuisine? Create your own quesadillas, tostadas, burritos, tacos, and many more – that’s right, you name it, you can make it. It’s simple to do with the right flatbread to complement those strong and spice-filled Mexican flavors. And we have the perfect Bisquick Tortillas recipe just for that.
How To Make Bisquick Tortillas
- Large Bowl
- Cutting Board
- Bench Scraper / Knife
- Rolling Pin
- Cooking Cutter
- Cast iron frying pan / Griddle
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp. salt
- ¼ cup vegetable shortening
- Sift together all your dry ingredients -- all-purpose flour, Bisquick baking mix, and salt -- into a large bowl.
- Add in your wet ingredients -- water and vegetable shortening -- into the mix.
- Whisk the ingredients together until you form a pliable dough.
- Scatter a bit of flour onto your cutting board so that the dough doesn't stick on it. Pour the dough onto the cutting board and cover your hands with a bit of flour. Then knead the dough for 10 minutes. Afterward, divide the dough into as many portions as you wish.
- Once you're done kneading, take out your rolling pin and start rolling out your dough portions onto a thin sheet. Make sure to apply flour to your rolling pin as well to keep it from sticking.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut circular shapes into the dough portions.
- Heat up your cast iron frying pan and cook the dough portions until they show a brown color. Once you're finished, serve them along with some yummy Mexican dishes. Enjoy!