This deviled egg recipe is good for parties or just a snack after school. Using mustard definitely brings them up a notch.
How To Make Egg-cellent Deviled Eggs
These excellent deviled eggs are made with the right amount of mayonnaise and mustard with a dash of spiced paprika.
- 1 dozen eggs, hard-boiled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. grainy mustard
- 2 pinches salt
- 3 grinds black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika , for garnish
- Place eggs in pot with cold water, just enough to cover the eggs, and about 2 Tbs. white vinegar.
- Start heat out slowly so the eggs and water warm up together, hopefully eliminating too many of the eggs cracking.
- After eggs are boiled (about 10 minutes), run under cold water and let set while peeling and cut in half.
- Keep the whites of at least 10 eggs; the remaining two should be combined with 8 yolks (discard remaining yolks).
- Using a potato masher, mash eggs.
- dd remaining ingredients and blend well. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Using pastry bag or plastic bag, fill eggs.
- Sprinkle with paprika or more dill and place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Eggs are best served at room temperature.
- To serve, place on plate covered with shredded lettuce or some type of bean – this way your eggs won't slide around so much.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 31mg
- Calories: 116kcal
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Cholesterol: 199mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 77mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 200mg
- Vitamin A: 346IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!