Fish and chips recipe creates the famous English street food, but it has an undeserved reputation for being too much of a fuss to make at home. It’s easy! Read on!
How To Make No-Fuss Fish and Chips
An English snack staple made easy with our no-fuss fish and chips recipe. Enoy this delicious snack while watching your favorite movie or with friends.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place it in the oven.
- In a deep pot fitted with a candy thermometer, heat 3 to 4 inches of oil to 325 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl of cold water. Soak it for 5 minutes, drain and pat dry.
- Fry the potatoes in 3 or 4 batches for 3 minutes per batch or until slightly golden at the edges. Allow the oil to regain its temperature when one batch has finished.
- Transfer the partially cooked potatoes to paper towels and let them cool while you prepare the fish.
- Heat the frying oil to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk the beer into 1 to ½ cups of flour until smooth. Set aside.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Then, place the remaining ½ cup of flour on a plate.
- Dredge the fish in the flour, shake off any excess flour, then dip in the beer batter.
- Slowly lower the battered fish into the hot oil and fry, a few pieces at a time for about 4 minutes per batch or until golden brown.
- Transfer the fried fish to the prepared baking sheet in the oven and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, stir together the chili powder, seafood seasoning, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- With the oil at 375 degrees F, fry the potatoes the second time, in 3 or 4 batches for about 4 minutes per batch until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove the chips and transfer them to fresh paper towels to drain.
- Immediately season with the spice mixture. Serve the chips with the fish and malt vinegar. Enjoy!
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 65mg
- Calories: 474kcal
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 1608mg
- Protein: 48g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 140mg
- Vitamin A: 197IU
- Vitamin C: 30mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!