This is a shortcut chicken noodle soup recipe when you don’t have time to make the stock and cook the chicken. You can do it all from scratch if you’d like, but this is MUCH faster!
How To Make Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 medium carrots cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 celery ribs halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 thyme sprigs fresh
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 qt chicken stock
- 8 oz wide egg noodles dried
- 1 ½ cups chicken shredded, cooked
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley finely chopped, fresh
- Place a soup pot over medium heat and coat with oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme and bay leaf.
- Cook and stir for about 6 minutes, until the vegetables are softened but not browned.
- Boil water in a separate pot and cook noodles according to package instructions. When slightly less than al dente, drain and set aside.
- Add the chicken stock to the vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Mix in the noodles and chicken. Continue to simmer for another couple of minutes to heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 485mg | Potassium: 547mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3537IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg