How To Make Quick Pickled Peppers
A spicy and tangy taste surrounds these pickled peppers which are superb with grilled dishes. The apple cider vinegar adds a little sweetness to it as well.
Slice the pickles thin with a mandoline or chef’s knife. Slice off the top of the bell pepper and remove the seeds and membranes. Chop the bell pepper.
Combine the prepared peppers and smashed garlic in a 28-ounce glass jar. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, honey, and salt.
Bring the mixture close to a boil on the stove, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sweetener into the liquid. Remove from heat and carefully pour the liquid over the peppers.
Use a butter knife to pock down the peppers so they all fit and there are no hidden air pockets.
Let the pickles cool to room temperature in the jar, then screw on a lid and refrigerate the pickles.
Use as desired and enjoy.
- Depending on how thinly you sliced the peppers, they could be ready to eat immediately or might need a couple of days in the refrigerator before they taste fully pickled.
- Choose larger jalapeños for less spicy pickles.
- Wear gloves to prevent your fingers from feeling burned.
- Calories: 144.74kcal
- Fat: 0.61g
- Saturated Fat: 0.12g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.04g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.18g
- Carbohydrates: 30.37g
- Fiber: 4.53g
- Sugar: 24.92g
- Protein: 1.87g
- Sodium: 1011.35mg
- Calcium: 37.00mg
- Potassium: 517.16mg
- Iron: 0.93mg
- Vitamin A: 154.65µg
- Vitamin C: 211.51mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!