Pickled cucumbers with red bell pepper and onion make a tasty snack. The salt sucks the water out of the cucumbers, which keeps these fridge pickles nice and crunchy! Enjoy!
How To Make Fridge Pickles
Store this tasty pickles in the fridge and you have yourself a light and flavorful snack when you're craving for some.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, onions and red pepper.
- Sprinkle with salt and mix well.
- Let stand for one hour.
- Drain ( do not add water) Salt will make it's own liquid to drain off.
Combine sugar, vinegar and spices.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Place in a non-metal container.
- Pour vinegar mixture of cucumbers, cover and chill at least 24 hours to blend flavors.
- Will keep about 6 weeks in fridge!
- Sugar: 36g
- Calcium: 28mg
- Calories: 163kcal
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 190mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 586mg
- Vitamin A: 453IU
- Vitamin C: 21mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!