Who doesn’t love the idea of Lemon curd mixed with the sweet and savory goodness of a ritz cracker. Spreading lemon curd between two buttery flakey ritz crackers can be a healthy sweet treat that can be indulged without cheating your diet.
How To Make Lemon Curd Ritz Crackers
This easy lemon curd recipe is perfect for the sweet and savory flavor of Ritz crackers.
- Add enough water to a medium saucepan to come about 1-inch up the side.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, combine egg yolks and sugar in a medium size metal bowl and whisk until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add juice and zest to the egg mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Once water reaches a simmer, reduce heat to low and place bowl on top of saucepan.
- Bowl should be large enough to fit on top of saucepan without touching the water.
- Whisk until thickened, approximately 8 minutes, or until mixture is light yellow and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove promptly from heat and stir in butter a piece at a time, allowing each addition to melt before adding the next.
- Remove to a clean container and cover by laying a layer of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the curd.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Spread the curd onto Ritz crackers and serve to taste.
- Sugar: 20g
- Calcium: 15mg
- Calories: 189kcal
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Cholesterol: 121mg
- Fat: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 21mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 413IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!