Hot dogs baked inside crescent roll puffs make a great appetizer or main course! When I don’t have time to buy crescent rolls or pizza dough, I reach for my trusty Bisquick Baking Mix. The kids love helping me mix and spread the dough. Cut hot dogs in half for appetizer size.
How To Make Hot Dogs Under Wrap
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 oz. shredded cheese your choice, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix baking mix and water and form dough ball.
- Place on floured cutting board and flatten out to rectangle.
- Place cheese on top pressing into dough.
- Slice dough into thick strips.
- Take hot dog and wrap dough around dog.
- Place rolled hot dog onto parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes and then raise temperature to 375 and bake until golden and plump
- (about another 5-10 minutes depending on your oven).
- Serve with desired condiments.