Every time I have guests over, I would always try and serve a few healthy appetizers to impress them. This time around I decided to make these crispy yet tender roasted cabbage wedges with only a handful of ingredients. I only needed a whole cabbage head, olive oil, salt, and pepper to make this wonderful appetizer at home! It’s one of those simple, easy, and healthy cabbage recipes that I love serving with other main dishes.
What I like the most about making these quick, homemade oven-roasted cabbage wedges is that it highlights the pleasant sweetness of the vegetable. So if you don’t appreciate the slight bitterness of cabbages, this cooking technique might just get you to enjoy this leafy green. On top of that, a simple combination of salt and pepper helps enhance the vegetable’s flavor even more. To make sure that the seasonings stick to the cabbage wedges, I brushed each thick piece with olive oil first. Alternatively, you can also replace olive oil with melted butter if you prefer a buttery taste.
Afterward, I roasted the cabbages in the oven for about 10 minutes on each side, until the edges were crisp and lightly roasted. It would take about 20 minutes to fully cook these roasted cabbage wedges in the oven. Then, I transferred these baked cabbage wedges onto a plate, garnished them with lemon, and served them immediately to my guests. These roasted cabbage wedges are best while they’re still hot and crispy! And if you’re wondering what goes good with cabbage wedges, then I suggest pairing them with some creamy dipping sauces. I usually pair these with Dijon mustard or a creamy blue cheese sauce. Sometimes, I would even drizzle balsamic vinegar on top to give it an additional subtle tang.
Besides the dipping sauces, you can also add more flavorful ingredients to these roasted cabbage wedges. For extra flavor, I recommend also adding a bit of garlic powder, smoked paprika, or fresh thyme to the seasoning mix. These can really take this delicious appetizer to the next level. For a bit of heat and spicy flavors, I also like adding a pinch of red pepper flakes with garlic powder. I would also garnish this dish with a bit of dry-grated parmesan cheese and cooked bacon from time to time. It’s optional, but it’s definitely worth a try – especially if you’re in the mood for something rich and filling!
How To Make Roasted Cabbage Wedges
These roasted cabbage wedges are brushed with olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper, and oven-roasted until tender and delicious to eat.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the head of cabbage into 8 equally-sized wedges, cutting through the core and stem end. If desired, use a knife to carefully trim off the stem on each wedge. Arrange the wedges in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Use a pastry brush or oil mister to brush or mist the top sides of each cabbage wedge with the olive oil, then season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Turn the cabbage wedges carefully to season the other side.
- Roast the cabbage for about 10 minutes, or until the edges and the bottom of the wedges are nicely browned. Turn each wedge carefully and roast 10 to 15 minutes more, until the cabbage is nicely browned and cooked through, but still slightly chewy.
- Serve immediately and garnish with lemon if desired. Enjoy!
- Calories: 59.61kcal
- Fat: 3.49g
- Saturated Fat: 0.51g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.48g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.38g
- Carbohydrates: 6.91g
- Fiber: 2.98g
- Sugar: 3.81g
- Protein: 1.52g
- Sodium: 284.81mg
- Calcium: 47.84mg
- Potassium: 202.56mg
- Iron: 0.58mg
- Vitamin A: 5.96µg
- Vitamin C: 43.59mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
BBQ & Grilled
Pies & Pastries
BBQ & Grilled
BBQ & Grilled
Satisfy your sweet tooth craving with this banana split cake, made of vanilla ice cream sandwiches, chocolate cool whip, and juicy fruits.