How To Make Easy Jambalaya
Making this classic Louisiana Jambalaya takes no time to make! It’s loaded with chicken, shrimp, sausages, and tasty seasonings for a hearty meal.
- 3tbspolive oil,divided
- 2chicken breasts,boneless, skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1lbandouille sausage,thinly sliced into rounds
- 3bell peppers,small, yellow, red and green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 2celery ribs,diced
- 1jalapeno pepper,seeded, finely chopped
- 1white onion,diced
- 4garlic cloves,peeled and minced
- 14ozcrushed tomatoes
- 4cupschicken stock
- 1½cupslong grain white rice,uncooked
- 2tbspCajun seasoning,or Creole seasoning
- 1tspdried thyme,crushed
- ¼tspcayenne pepper
- 1bay leaf
- 1lbshrimp,large, raw, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and black pepper,freshly-cracked
- fresh parsley,chopped, thinly-sliced green onions, hot sauce, optional garnishes
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat.
Add the chicken and sausage, then sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the sausage is lightly browned.
Transfer to a clean plate, then set aside.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the stock pot.
Add the bell peppers, celery, jalapeño, onion and garlic.
Sauté for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened.
Add the crushed tomatoes, chicken stock, rice, Cajun seasoning, thyme, cayenne, bay leaf, and stir to combine.
Continue cooking until the mixture reaches a simmer.
Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the rice is nearly cooked through, stirring every 5 minutes or so along the way.
Add the shrimp, okra, and stir to combine.
Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through and pink.
Stir in the chicken and sausage, then remove and discard the bay leaf.
Season the jambalaya with salt, pepper, and additional Cajun seasoning, if needed. Remove from heat.
Serve warm with fresh parsley and other garnishes, and enjoy!
- Calories: 583.77kcal
- Fat: 37.22g
- Saturated Fat: 10.72g
- Trans Fat: 0.07g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 17.55g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.58g
- Carbohydrates: 23.62g
- Fiber: 4.60g
- Sugar: 9.46g
- Protein: 38.47g
- Cholesterol: 181.02mg
- Sodium: 1524.56mg
- Calcium: 149.33mg
- Potassium: 1031.19mg
- Iron: 4.14mg
- Vitamin A: 205.15µg
- Vitamin C: 99.36mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!