How To Make Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Soup
Bring the taste of Thai flavors to your home with this coconut curry chicken soup recipe. The vibrant Thai flavors in this dish are just so irresistible.
- 6ozpad thai rice noodles
- 2tbspolive oil or canola oil, divided
- 1cupyellow onionfinely chopped
- 1 ½tbspgarlic minced
- 2tspcurry powder
- 2tspred curry paste
- ½tspground coriander
- 1redbell peppersliced into small, thin strips
- 6cupslow-sodium chicken broth
- 1canregular coconut milkor light coconut milk
- 3cupsrotisserie chickenshredded, cooked
- 8ozsnow peastrimmed and sliced in half crosswise
- 2tbsplight-brown sugar
- 2tbspfish sauce
- ½cup green onionschopped
- 5ozfresh spinach4 packed cups
- ½cupfresh cilantrochopped
- 2tbspfresh lime juice
- 1red chili pepperseeded and chopped or sriracha
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Once boiling adds rice noodles and boils according to directions on the package for about 3 to 6 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 3 minutes then add another ½ tablespoon oil, garlic, curry powder, curry paste, turmeric, and coriander.
Saute 1 minute then add last ½ tablespoon oil and bell pepper and saute 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Stir in coconut milk, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in chicken, snow peas, brown sugar, fish sauce, and green onions.
Season with salt to taste and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in spinach, cilantro, and lime juice and cook until spinach wilts.
Toss in noodles. Serve warm with peanuts and red peppers.
- Calories: 594.35kcal
- Fat: 32.92g
- Saturated Fat: 17.66g
- Trans Fat: 0.07g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9.45g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.56g
- Carbohydrates: 53.69g
- Fiber: 8.05g
- Sugar: 10.25g
- Protein: 27.04g
- Cholesterol: 52.66mg
- Sodium: 1569.23mg
- Calcium: 210.74mg
- Potassium: 1336.33mg
- Iron: 9.47mg
- Vitamin A: 300.39µg
- Vitamin C: 97.21mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!