I have always been a HUGE fan of soups that are simultaneously satisfying and nutritious, like this gluten-free cream of mushroom soup. It’s rich and decadent, with an intensely earthy taste and aroma from the mushrooms. I almost couldn’t believe that such a creamy and smooth soup didn’t contain any gluten! The first time I made this mushroom soup at dinner, everyone loved it. Then and there, I realized I could serve it to anyone, not just those on a gluten-free diet. From then on, this healthy mushroom soup recipe has become a part of my dinner rotation.
My gluten-free cream of mushroom soup recipe will treat you to umami-rich comfort food. Believe it or not, there’s no need to simmer the soup for hours! I only cooked my creamy mushroom soup for about 20 minutes, and it turned out deliciously rich and creamy. To make your soup more mushroom-forward, I recommend using fresh white buttons or baby portabella mushrooms. Make sure to rinse off those shrooms before cooking! Sauté them with onions, garlic, and butter for added flavor. For a rich, velvety texture, I also used sweet rice flour, chicken broth, and light cream. On a dairy-free diet? You can easily swap out light cream for unsweetened non-dairy milk. I also adore the nutty taste that coconut milk brings, if you’re looking for another flavorful substitute.
Anyone who’s looking for gluten-free meals will love this homemade mushroom soup! AND you can easily use this recipe for any dish that asks for a regular canned cream of mushroom soup! Talk about versatility. I also personally love adorning my homemade cream of mushroom soup with fresh herbs on top. Serving it alongside bread makes it a belly-filling, complete meal as well. Happy cooking!
How To Make Gluten Free Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Warm up your tummy with a silky bowl of this gluten-free cream of mushroom soup made with light cream, chicken broth, and sweet rice flour. Top with fresh herbs and serve alongside crusty bread!
- Sauté the mushrooms, onions, and garlic with butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle gluten-free sweet rice flour over the vegetables, then stir to blend the rice flour into the mixture. Continue to cook vegetables with sweet rice flour while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in the gluten-free chicken broth.
- Add light cream or milk and continue cooking over medium heat until the soup thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle basil over the top and serve. Enjoy!
- Instead of flour, you can make your gluten-free soup deliciously thick with cornstarch instead.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 22mg
- Calories: 141kcal
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Fat: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 165mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 221mg
- Vitamin A: 454IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!