How To Make Steak Sandwiches with Mushrooms
Reward yourself after a tiring day at work with this steak sandwich with an umami-filled and slightly minty flavor from the mushrooms. It’s easy to make!
For the Steak:
- ½lbthin cut beef round sandwich steaks
- ½large onion,sliced into rings
- ½tspolive oil
- cooking spray,4 seconds, I like Smart Balance
- garlic powder,to taste
- salt and fresh cracked pepper,to taste
For the Sandwich:
- 12ozfrench bread,or baguette
- 4slicesreduced-fat cheese,I used Sargento provolone
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F or set your broiler to low.
Once the steak is cooked and ready, cut bread into 4 pieces.
Divide steak and mushrooms evenly between four sandwiches and place a slice of cheese on each one.
Place sandwiches on a cookie sheet and heat in the oven or broiler until the cheese melts for 2 to 3 minutes, careful not to burn especially if using a broiler.
- Calories: 527.55kcal
- Fat: 23.93g
- Saturated Fat: 9.95g
- Trans Fat: 0.85g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8.90g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.44g
- Carbohydrates: 49.26g
- Fiber: 2.94g
- Sugar: 5.93g
- Protein: 29.26g
- Cholesterol: 63.71mg
- Sodium: 717.87mg
- Calcium: 254.42mg
- Potassium: 468.11mg
- Iron: 4.70mg
- Vitamin A: 76.11µg
- Vitamin C: 2.58mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!