How To Make Thai Coleslaw
- 2 oz soba noodles cooked
- 1 head Napa cabbage medium-sized
- 1 ½ cups carrot
- 1 cup zucchini
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 cup peanuts dry-roasted, unsalted
- 1/2 cup almonds sliced
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
Making the dressing
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or glass measuring cup.
- Heat it up in the microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds or until dressing is hot, but not boiling. This will help to dissolve the sugar and salt.
- Stir the dressing well and set it aside to cool.
Making the slaw
- Cook soba noodles for 5 minutes in rapidly boiling water, or whatever is stated in the directions on the package.
- Drain the soba noodles, run cold water over them and let them sit to cool.
- Use a large sharp knife or mandolin to thinly slice the Napa cabbage. You should get about 10 cups of sliced cabbage.
- Julienne the carrots and zucchini and chop them further into bite-size strips.
- Chop the soba noodles into bite-sized lengths, then combine them with the vegetables, cilantro, and nuts in a large bowl.
- Toss everything around really well while adding the dressing. Cover and chill the bowl for at least 4 hours or overnight for an even better taste. Your slaw should last for up to a week covered in the fridge.
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 270mg | Potassium: 662mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 5247IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 2mg