Serve this as a first course before veal medallions or whitefish.
How To Make Strawberry Macadamia Salad
- Split the macadamia nuts in half and set aside.
Stem strawberries and slice about ¼-inch thick.
Using a food processor, puree ⅔ cup of the sliced strawberries with the vinegar.
- Add the oil and process for 30 to 40 seconds until the dressing is well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- If the berries are not sweet, add a tsp. or two of sugar.
- Put 2 leaves of Bibb lettuce on each of 8 chilled plates.
- Arrange 7 leaves of endive on top, like spokes in a wheel.
- Fan out 8 slices of strawberries in the center.
- If assembling ahead, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate plates.
Just before serving, spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons of dressing over the strawberries and top with the toasted nuts.
Tip: The dressing can be made ahead of time, covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!