A potato salad recipe that’s side-dish worthy! Enjoy bites of tender potatoes, tossed with crunchy bacon, then smothered in a spicy beer dressing.
How To Make German Potato Salad with Beer Dressing
This potato salad recipe with bacon has a mixture of sweet and savory flavors.
- Slice and boil the potatoes until tender, drain and set aside.
- In a medium-sized pot. Fry bacon until crisp. Drain well, chop bacon and mix with onion, celery, and salt and pepper and set aside.
- Stir butter and flour in a small saucepan to make a roux. Add mustard and sugar. Slowly stir in beer and Tabasco sauce. Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the potato and bacon mixture and toss gently.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Sugar: 22g
- Calcium: 139mg
- Calories: 989kcal
- Carbohydrates: 191g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Fat: 14g
- Fiber: 20g
- Iron: 9mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 5018mg
- Protein: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 356mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 800IU
- Vitamin C: 102mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!