You will absolutely love this wild rice pilaf recipe from Red Lobster, which is loaded with plenty of spice seasoning that boosts the nutty and earthy flavor of the wild rice.
How To Make Red Lobster Scampi Shrimp and Rice Pilaf
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 ½ tbsp. garlic (minced)
- 1 lb. shrimp (medium, peeled and deveined)
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves (crushed)
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice (uncooked )
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed vegetables (thawed and drained)
- Place the butter and olive oil into a large skillet over high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, stir in 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp. Pour in the white wine vinegar and stir to coat the shrimp.
- Spread the shrimp out in an even layer in the skillet.
- Cook shrimp on one side in the sauce for 2-3 minutes, then flip shrimp pieces over and continue cooking for another minute until tender.
- Remove skillet from heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with parsley and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Add black pepper if needed.
- Lightly grease another large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and warm it over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the remaining garlic, a pinch of black pepper, basil, and rice to the skillet.
- Cook and stir until the rice just starts to turn brown. Stir the broth into the skillet.
- Bring pilaf to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in the mixed vegetables, then re-cover and continue cooking for 10 minutes until both rice and vegetables are tender.
- Plate the shrimp with the pilaf and serve.
How To Make Red Lobster Wild Rice Pilaf (Copycat)
Add all the ingredients except the wild rice into a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bring broth mixture to boiling.
Add the wild rice.
Allow to boil for 1 minute.
Stir and cover. Reduce heat to low; steam rice for 15 minutes.
- Keep rice covered; Remove from heat.
Allow to stand for 10 minutes, covered.
Uncover rice, remove bay leaf, and fluff rice with a fork. Serve warm.
Ingredients You Need
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!