How To Make Eggless Chicken Carbonara
Try this creamy and flavorful eggless chicken carbonara for dinner tonight! It’s a light and flavorful meal that takes no time to make.
- 2large chicken breasts,boneless, skinless, halved horizontally to make 4 fillets
- 3tbspparmesan cheese,fresh, finely grated
- cracked pepper
- 1tbspolive oil
- 1small onion,chopped
- 6large garlic cloves,minced or finely chopped
- 1½cupshalf and half
- ½cupparmesan cheese,fresh, finely grated
- ½tspcornstarch slurry
Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and parmesan cheese.
Dredge the seasoned chicken in the flour mixture, then shake off the excess and set aside.
Heat the oil and butter in a large non stick pan over medium-high heat until the butter has melted and the pan is hot.
Fry the chicken until golden and cooked through on each side. Transfer onto a warm plate.
Add the bacon strips to the pan, then fry until crispy. Drain off some excess fat, keeping about 1 teaspoon worth in the pan.
Add the onion and garlic, then fry until the onion is transparent.
Reduce the heat to low heat, then add the half and half. Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer, then season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
Add in the parmesan cheese, then allow the sauce to simmer until the parmesan cheese has melted slightly.
Toss the chicken back into the pan, serve with steamed vegetables or rice, and enjoy!
- If the sauce is too runny, add the cornstarch slurry into the center of the pan, mix through fast to combine into the sauce. It will begin to thicken immediately.
- Calories: 724.50kcal
- Fat: 55.02g
- Saturated Fat: 22.84g
- Trans Fat: 0.27g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 21.95g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 6.80g
- Carbohydrates: 13.46g
- Fiber: 0.81g
- Sugar: 5.51g
- Protein: 42.85g
- Cholesterol: 163.06mg
- Sodium: 835.36mg
- Calcium: 435.73mg
- Potassium: 566.11mg
- Iron: 1.63mg
- Vitamin A: 189.70µg
- Vitamin C: 4.45mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!