A quick and easy one pan dish that my mom and grandmother used to make. Can be made with or without the onion, and goes really great with cornbread. It’s got a hint of sweetness from the corn, and a little kick from the chili powder. It can be easily doubled or even tripled for large crowds (and trust me, I have had to make a lot for my family). It’s a great dish for those with very little time or money.
How To Make Picadillo With Corn
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 lb ground beef ground turkey also works for this recipe
- 8 oz tomato sauce you can also use one 15-oz. can
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder to taste
- Brown the onion and ground beef (or turkey) in oil.
- Next, stir in the remaining ingredients and cover.
- Simmer the ingredients until a thick mixture is formed.
- Once your picadillo is done cooking, serve it and enjoy!