If you like hot, cheesy artichoke dip, you’ll love this treat. They’re a bit neater to disperse and eat at a gathering and are sure to please everyone.
How To Make Artichoke Wonton Bites
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 14 oz. can water-packed artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 12 oz. package wonton wrappers
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, onion powder, and garlic powder. Be sure to mix well.
- Next, stir in the mozzarella cheese and chopped artichokes. Set the mixture aside afterward.
- Coat one side of each wonton wrapper with non-stick cooking spray then press the greased side into the miniature muffin cups.
- Bake the greased wonton wrappers in the oven for 5 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until the edges are lightly browned. Make sure to prevent the wrappers from over-browning.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1 tbs. of the artichoke mixture then bake them for another 5-6 minutes until they turn golden brown. Serve them warm afterward. Enjoy!
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I Use Ladyfingers Instead of Sponge Cake?
Yes! Ladyfingers are a great substitution and make for a good mix between this recipe and the classic tiramisu recipe. I would recommend layering it in a springform pan like the way we have done with our
Charlotte Cake Recipe giving it a finished look.
Can I Substitute the Liqueur?
The flavor of the liqueur mellows out but you can use less with 3 Tbsp liqueur in the syrup and 1 Tbsp in the cream or make it a virgin (alcohol-free) by replacing liqueur with freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste.
Can I Make this Cake Ahead?
The sponge cake is so easy and can be made a day ahead or stored in the freezer for up to 3 months and because it doesn’t get soggy, it will stay yummy assembled in the fridge for 3 days.