Enjoy delicious tasting potato side dishes with this easy ranch potatoes recipe. So, what are ranch potatoes? They are basically seasoned potatoes that are usually marinated in ranch dressing seasoning mix. Not only are these cubed potatoes drenched in ranch, they are also made special with creamy and cheesy ingredients. They have cream cheese and condensed cream of potato soup topped with shredded cheddar cheese to create delicious creamy ranch potatoes in a crock pot. Make an oven grilled sirloin steak recipe to pair with this creamy side dish.
Tips on Making Creamy Ranch Potatoes
These creamy ranch potatoes are easy to make. And there are more ways to make this side dish even more delightful to eat. We listed some helpful tips and variations you can try when making these rich and creamy ranch potatoes.
- Experiment with different types of potatoes or mix it in with the red potatoes. Aside from red potatoes, you can also use Russet potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes. Their earthy and subtle sweet flavor pairs well with the creamy ingredients in this recipe. They are also both suitable for baking, cooking, or even making mashed potatoes if you have some extras.
- Keep potato chunks small around 1-inch thick in size. Your quartered or cubed potatoes should be evenly divided into small chunks. Remember that bigger chunks of potatoes take a longer time to cook and soften.
- Try using other kinds of cream of soups. If you don’t have potato soup available, then try this homemade condensed cream of mushroom soup that also works well with the recipe. When adding to the dish, make sure to keep the same amount as stated in the recipe.
- Add in cooked bacon slices or bits for that added crunch and meaty taste. Try turning it into cheesy bacon ranch potatoes by adding bacon slices or bits. It’s a delicious and fun variation.
- Garnish with parsley, chives, or green onions. Complete the side dish with some fresh herb garnish, or go simple with green onion slices. It adds more flavor and texture to the side dish.
How To Make Tasty Creamy Ranch Potatoes
These creamy ranch potatoes are the perfect side dish. They are so easy to throw together and will always be a favorite. Try serving them at a family potluck or a weekend barbeque. They taste absolutely well with the meat dishes!
- Place potatoes in a 3½-quart crock pot.
- Combine cream cheese and dry ranch dressing mix into a small bowl and mix.
- Add the potato soup to the crock pot and stir.
- Then, add the cream cheese and ranch mixture.
- Sprinkle in shredded cheddar cheese on top evenly.
- Cover and cook on High for 3½ to 4½ hours, or on Low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 196mg
- Calories: 361kcal
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Fat: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 814mg
- Protein: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 1104mg
- Vitamin A: 741IU
- Vitamin C: 13mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you keep the skin on red potatoes?
Yes, you don’t have to peel off the skin of red potatoes. The skin is already thin so it won’t affect the dish in terms of taste or texture. Aside from that, the skin also has health benefits. The skin on red potatoes is a great source of fiber, B vitamins, and other minerals. That’s why you don’t have to worry about peeling them off. Simply wash red potatoes under cool, running water to remove any remaining dirt or debris before letting it dry.
Can you substitute ranch dressing for dry ranch mix?
Yes, you can substitute store-bought or homemade ranch dressing for this recipe. Use about 1½ tablespoons of ranch dressing for every 1 ounce of dry ranch mix. It’s important to note that there will be changes in texture. Your ranch potatoes would have a much creamier consistency since ranch dressing is a liquid ingredient. Thus, you might need to adjust the amount of the condensed cream of potato soup so that your dish won’t be too soupy or liquidy.
How long do creamed ranch potatoes last?
When stored properly in an airtight container, these creamy ranch potatoes will last for up to 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator. You can also choose to freeze these ranch potatoes. Although, the texture will be softened after thawing. It can last for up to 3 months in the freezer when stored in a freezer safe container. When ready to serve, allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator then reheat in the oven for 30 minutes.
ConclusionThese delicious ranch potatoes are the perfect classic side dish to complement any entree. The red potatoes drenched and seasoned in the creamy sauce make for an appetizing combination. Impress your family or friends with this tasty ranch potato side dish.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!