Eggnog is a holiday tradition. This is so creamy and delicious. It is a real winner in taste and how easy it is to make. You’ll have to make a lot because this disappears quickly!
How To Make Perfect Eggnog
A wonderful way to kick off the holiday spirit with a batch of eggnog! This version is for adults only with the inclusion of rum but nonetheless it surely is a delicious treat to be enjoyed around friends and family.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Once boiling, remove from the heat and allow to steep.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat egg yolks, vanilla, and sugar until combined and thick ribbons form when the whisk is lifted.
- Slowly pour and whisk in the milk and discard the cinnamon sticks. Continue to mix until the mixture is combined and smooth.
- Add bourbon or rum and, stir. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Beat the egg whites in a large bowl or stand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold into eggnog until combined. Serve and garnish with ground cinnamon!
- Sugar: 29g
- Calcium: 182mg
- Calories: 376kcal
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 203mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 68mg
- Vitamin A: 786IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!