Aside from their famous barbecues and chili, Texans will agree that ranch water drink is one of the best mixed drinks to have ever originate from their city. Ranch water is a Texas style highball drink made with just tequila, fresh lime juice, and Topo Chico. It’s fuzzy, bubbly, and refreshing with just the right amount of lime flavor. Cool down during the hot days with a glass of refreshing Texas ranch water to wash down the barbecue ribs and beef brisket.
What is Ranch Water?
Ranch water is a tequila cocktail originating from West Texas. It’s known for having a light, fizzy, and refreshing taste that’s pretty much like a softer version of margarita. It gets its distinct fizz from Topo Chico, a Mexican mineral water which is bubblier than regular sparkling water or soda water.
Tips on Making Ranch Water Drink
This Texas tequila water couldn’t be any easier to make. Our ranch water recipe is a good place to start, but after making it once, you can probably just eyeball the measurements and adjust the taste to your preference. Nevertheless, here are some helpful tips for making a lime tequila highball cocktail that you will always enjoy.
- Use the best quality ingredients. It’s best to use fresh lime juice. But if it happens to be unavailable, make sure to get the cold-pressed bottled lime juice. Last and most importantly, use Topo Chico mineral water. It can be difficult to find, but it’s worth it.
- Customize your ranch water. You can add a dash of grand marnier, grenadine, grapefruit juice, tangerine juice, and even muddled fresh fruits like blueberries. Cucumbers and jalapenos will work, too. Add a simple syrup if you prefer it sweeter.
- Rim only half of the glass with chili lime salt. This way, everyone can pick if they want salt with their cocktail or not.
- Serve the summer cocktail in a tall pitcher or punch bowl. Have ingredients that they can add on in small bowls so that each guest could customize his own glass. Don’t forget to chill the highball glasses and have crushed ice ready as well.
More Tequila Drink Recipes to Try
If you enjoyed this Texas ranch water and would like to explore different flavors, then you’re in luck! We have a rich list of tried and tested recipes for tequila cocktails. Here are non-intimidating simple tequila drinks that even beginners can make:
- Tequila Sunrise — This eye-catching tequila cocktail will stand out at any party! It’s made with blood orange juice and grenadine that forms a visible sunrise-like gradient on the cocktail glass. It tastes just as refreshing as it looks.
- Tequila Soda — Tequila soda is another highball cocktail made by combining tequila, soda water, and lime. It’s a refreshing drink with just the right hint of lime.
- Long Island Iced Tea — Do not be fooled. This iced tea cocktail tastes fruity, sweet, and harmless, but it actually contains a significant amount of alcohol from the vodka, gin, tequila, rum, and triple sec.
- Bloody Maria — This is the tequila version of the vodka cocktail bloody mary. It has more pronounced citrusy and spicy flavors.
- Lavender Margarita — This blended lavender cocktail will remind you of spring. It’s got blueberries, raspberries, lavender buds, and is made creamy by coconut milk.
Try and taste these cocktail recipes at your next party. But for now, let’s get right on to making the Texas ranch water drink.
How To Make Ranch Water Drink
Ranch water drink is a fizzy, bubbly, refreshing cocktail made with only 3 ingredients—tequila, lime juice, and Topo Chico mineral water. Serve it for your next party by following this simple recipe.
- In a chilled highball glass, add tequila and lime juice.
- Add ice.
- Fill the glass with Topo Chico.
- Garnish with lime wedge. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 15mg
- Calories: 142kcal
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 53mg
- Protein: 1g
- Sodium: 32mg
- Vitamin A: 21IU
- Vitamin C: 13mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Is ranch water an alcoholic beverage?
Yes. The alcohol in ranch water comes from tequila and Topo Chico.
What tequila is best for a ranch water drink?
We recommend using a tequila with your preferred taste. If there’s none and you’re a beginner in drinking and mixing cocktails, you can start with tequila blanco. It’s smooth and mild and it blends well with the lime flavor. If you prefer stronger and deeper flavors, try using tequila reposado or aged tequila.
ConclusionThis 3-ingredient ranch water drink proves that simplicity is beauty. It’s fuzzy, refreshing, and needs no expertise to make. We bet it’ll be the new best summer drink on your list! Try and let us know what you think about it.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!