How To Make Butternut Squash Puree
You can now make your own butternut squash puree at home with this simple recipe. It's great on its own or mixed in with your other dishes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the butternut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out and toss the seeds. Place the halves flesh-side-up on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the diced butter and brown sugar evenly on both halves.
Roast for 45 to 60 minutes or until the butternut squash can easily be pierced with a knife.
- A liquid mixture of butter and brown sugar will form in the wells of the squash, make sure you include this deliciousness with the puree.
- Remove squash from the oven; allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Scoop out the flesh and liquid and place into your food processor or blender.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; pulse until you reach a creamy consistency.
If serving this delicious puree as a simple side dish, adjust the seasoning to taste and toss in a couple more tablespoons of unsalted butter. If using it for Butternut Squash Bread, leave the puree as written.
- Sugar: 20g
- Calcium: 206mg
- Calories: 518kcal
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Fat: 35g
- Fiber: 8g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 1349mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 22g
- Sodium: 314mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 40914IU
- Vitamin C: 79mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!