As the months turn colder, this spiced rum will surely warm you up.
Hot Buttered Rum Recipe
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cup amber or dark rum
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- ½ tsp. fresh ground nutmeg
- 2 cup brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 6 cup hot water
- In a slow cooker, combine sugar, butter, salt and nutmeg.
- Pour in hot water, stirring until the butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Put the cloves and cinnamon sticks in cheesecloth and secure with twine or elastic band.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 10 hours.
- Add rum just before serving.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!