How To Make Homemade Bloody Mary Cocktails
Make a favorite brunch cocktail with this bloody mary recipe. It’s a classic recipe that you can make from scratch with ingredients from your pantry.
- 32oztomato juice
- 1cucumber,peeled and seeded
- ⅓cupdistilled vinegar
- 1tspcelery seed,not celery salt!
- 1tspWorcestershire sauce
- ½tsphot sauce,more to taste
- 1tspfreshly ground black pepper
- 2mediumcloves garlic,pressed or minced
- Lemon or lime wedges
- Kosher salt,for the rims of glasses, optional
- chili powder,optional
- Ice,for serving
- Celery stalks,, skinny carrots with leafy tops, mini bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, dill pickle spears, pickled okra, and/or green cocktail olives, as garnishes
In a blender, combine the tomato juice, vodka, cucumber, vinegar, celery seed, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Securely fasten the lid and blend on high speed until completely smooth.
Taste, and add more hot sauce for more heat. Add the black pepper and garlic. Securely fasten the lid and blend for just a few seconds.
Taste, and stir in salt for more overall flavor, if preferred. Set aside.
To rim glasses with salt, run a lemon or lime wedge around the outside rim. Pour kosher salt onto a small plate (mix in chili powder if preferred), and roll the wet edge of the glass across the salt at a 45-degree angle. Repeat with the remaining glasses.
Fill the glasses with ice, and pour the Bloody Mary mix on top. Stir with a spoon, and garnish with a lemon or lime wedge and garnishes of choice. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 84.91kcal
- Fat: 0.45g
- Saturated Fat: 0.06g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.05g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.08g
- Carbohydrates: 6.68g
- Fiber: 1.44g
- Sugar: 3.63g
- Protein: 1.42g
- Sodium: 465.72mg
- Calcium: 38.57mg
- Potassium: 368.38mg
- Iron: 0.72mg
- Vitamin A: 31.36µg
- Vitamin C: 69.86mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!