For the Summertime Sippers contest! The classic Cuban mojito gets a svelte makeover!
How To Make "Faux"jito
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 oz. white rum
- 1 diet lemon-lime soda such as Sprite Zero, Diet Sierra Mist or Diet 7-Up
- sugar just for the rim of the glass!
- Muddle mint leaves with white rum and the juice from lime wedge (1/8th of the lime).
- Muddling is done by lightly crushing the mint (just until the leaves bruise) using a mortar and pestle, a muddler, or whatever you have on hand (a small wooden spoon would work just fine). Just don't shred the mint!
- Run the squeezed lime wedge around the rim of the glass, then dip the top of the glass in a shallow plate of granulated sugar to coat the rim.
- Pour the muddled mixture into your glass, fill with crushed ice, and top off with the diet soda. Cheers!