How To Make Lemon Berry Trifle
This Lemon Berry Trifle is easy to make with lemon pound cake filled with a creamy lemon cheesecake filling, berries, then topped with sweet whipped cream!
Slice the lemon pound cake into 9 1-inch slices. Cut into bite-sized cubes. Set aside.
In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract together on high speed about 3 minutes into stiff peaks.
Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Lemon Cheesecake and Berry Layer:
In a large bowl using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until creamy.
Add the vanilla extract and lemon curd and beat on medium-high speed until combined.
Lastly, beat in ½ of the whipped cream (about 2 cups) pre-prepared.
Cover and store the remaining whipped cream in the refrigerator until used in last few stops.
This trifle has 3 layers of pound cake, 3 layers of berries, and 2 layers of the lemon cheesecake mixture.
Begin with a base of lemon pound cake cubes.
Top with an even layer of fresh berries, then half of the lemon cheesecake mixture. Repeat.
Finish with the final layer of lemon pound cake cubes followed by a final layer of berries.
Spread or pipe the remaining whipped cream on top of the trifle, such as Wilton 1M piping tip to pipe the whipped cream on top.
Whisk the whipped cream to reincorporate any liquid if needed.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 6 hours (see make-ahead tip to store longer).
Refrigerate uncovered for 2 to 4 hours, but loosely cover if storing longer than that.
The time in the refrigerator gives the flavors a chance to settle and allows the pound cake to soak up some of the lemon cheesecake mixture.
Garnish with extra berries and/or lemon slices and serve cold.
Cover and store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 to 3 days.
- Make-Ahead Instructions: Make the homemade lemon pound cake 1 day ahead of time. Let it cool, then cover and store at room temperature overnight. Prepare the lemon curd for up to 1 week before using. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use. After assembling the trifle, refrigerate for up to 6 hours before serving. To refrigerate for longer than 6 hours, make the whipped cream in 2 parts. To do so, only prepare half of it in making whipped cream (simply halve all the ingredients). Use this for folding into the lemon cheesecake layer. Prepare and assemble the trifle, then cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. When ready to serve, prepare the remaining whipped cream and add it on top of the trifle.
- To save time, you can use store-bought pound cake or angel food cake.
- The frozen berries are a nice substitution, but they will thaw and leak their juices in the trifle layers. If thawing before layering, they’ll still be extra juicy.
- Calories: 419.30kcal
- Fat: 28.86g
- Saturated Fat: 16.19g
- Trans Fat: 0.18g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7.69g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.14g
- Carbohydrates: 38.54g
- Fiber: 2.10g
- Sugar: 28.35g
- Protein: 4.54g
- Cholesterol: 115.80mg
- Sodium: 205.16mg
- Calcium: 67.40mg
- Potassium: 174.93mg
- Iron: 0.84mg
- Vitamin A: 285.52µg
- Vitamin C: 11.28mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!