Frozen watermelon gets a creamy twist in this refreshing dessert. With just five ingredients, you can conjure ten servings of this recipe. Therefore, take a spoonful and believe in the flavors of this watermelon mousse recipe.
How To Make Frozen Watermelon Mousse
This creamy jelly mousse dessert is flavored with freshly diced watermelons.
- Place watermelon in container of an electric blender, and process until smooth.
Reserve 2 ¼ cups puree, discarding any remaining puree.
Combine gelatin and ¼ cup watermelon puree.
Bring remaining 2 cups puree to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat; add gelatin mixture, and stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Stir in sugar and lemon juice, and chill mixture until consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Fold whipped cream into chilled watermelon mixture.
Spoon into a lightly oiled 6 cups mold.
- Cover and freeze 8 hours or until firm; unmold onto serving plate.
- Calcium: 18mg
- Calories: 174kcal
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 60mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 11mg
- Sugar: 22g
- Vitamin A: 566IU
- Vitamin C: 4mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!