This is the best recipe for strawberry-rhubarb pie that we have ever had! The recipe will have everyone at Thanksgiving raving over it until the end of the season.
How To Make Delicious Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie
A slice of this filling strawberry rhubarb pie will make your taste buds crave for more.
- Mix the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, tapioca, flour, juice of lemon, dash of cinnamon, and vanilla well, in a large bowl, then pour into pie plate lined with bottom crust.
- Dot the top of the filling with the butter.
- Brush edges of pie crust with egg white wash.
Roll out the other piece of dough and place over filling.
Crimp to seal edges.
- Brush with egg white wash and sprinkle with large granule sugar.
- Collar with foil and bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Decrease temperature to 375 degrees F and bake for an additional 45 to 50 minutes, or until the filling starts bubbling.(I end up covering the pie with foil the last 20 minutes so it doesn't brown the crust too much).
- Let cool before serving.
- Calcium: 14mg
- Calories: 333kcal
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fat: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 75mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 215mg
- Sugar: 13g
- Vitamin A: 132IU
- Vitamin C: 11mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!