Cinnamon, sugar, and crispy fried goodness makes this classic Mexican dessert an international favorite! You’re sure to love every delicious bite.
How To Make Copycat Pollo Loco Cinnamon Churros
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar packed tablespoons
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Vegetable oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, butter, brown sugar, and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon.
- Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla, beating well with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Line a baking sheet waxed paper.
- Pipe 4x1-inch logs onto prepared baking sheet.
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a deep saucepan to 375°F.
- Fry a few logs at a time in deep hot oil about 2 minutes until golden brown on both sides, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm in a 300°F oven while cooking remaining churros.
- In a medium bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll warm churros in cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat.
- Serve warm.
Calories: 69kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 79mg | Potassium: 12mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 106IU | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg