Light and fluffy mouse made with gelatin and fresh peaches.
How To Make Peach Mousse
Take the canned peaches and separate the juice from the peaches.
Sprinkle gelatin on juice.
- Beat egg yolks and water together and add to gelatin mixture.
- Cook in double boiler until gelatin is dissolved and mixture is somewhat thickened.
- Remove from heat; add lemon juice, salt, and almond extract.
- Chill slightly.
- Puree peaches and add to cooled mixture.
- Beat egg whites until thick and add sugar gradually, beating until stiff.
- Fold into peach mixture.
- Whip the cream.
- Reserve some for garnish; fold remainder into mixture.
- Place in dessert dishes and chill overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
- Calcium: 23mg
- Calories: 143kcal
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 117mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 50mg
- Sugar: 13g
- Vitamin A: 492IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!