How To Make Homemade Marshmallow Fluff
Amp up your sweet treats with this sweet marshmallow fluff! It’s a homemade recipe that comes together quickly and easily with just five ingredients.
- 3large egg whites
- ½tspcream of tartar
- ¾cupgolden corn syrup
- ⅔cupgranulated sugar,plus 2 tbsp
- ½tspvanilla extract
With a whisk attachment, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy.
Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and beat until soft peaks form, then set aside.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add ⅓ cup of water, corn syrup, and ⅔ cup of sugar.
Cook over medium heat while stirring until the mixture reaches firm ball stage* or 248 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
Once the corn syrup mixture has reached firm ball stage, turn the mixer onto medium and in a slow steady stream, pour the corn syrup mixture into the beaten egg whites.
Once all of the corn syrup mixture has been added, beat on High for about 5 minutes.
Add vanilla extract and beat on high for about 1 minute.
Serve over desserts and enjoy!
- * To Test For Firm Ball Stage: Fill a glass with cold water and drop a small spoonful of the mixture into the cold water. Remove the mixture from the cold water and it should hold its shape, but quickly flatten.
- Store in a tightly sealed container
- Calories: 162.65kcal
- Fat: 0.09g
- Saturated Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.00g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.00g
- Carbohydrates: 41.45g
- Fiber: 0.00g
- Sugar: 41.30g
- Protein: 1.35g
- Sodium: 40.65mg
- Calcium: 5.23mg
- Potassium: 52.15mg
- Iron: 0.03mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!