After your lil’ vampires bite into one, they’ll want to bite into more! For the cupcakes, we used cherry jello to bring out that bright red and bloody effect. While the cream cheese frosting complements our moist and desirable cake.
How To Make Bloody Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
For a vampire-inspired treat for the younglings this Halloween, we conjured up this bloody cupcakes recipe with a delectable cream cheese frosting to attract your little blood-sucking trick or treaters.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg whites, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat.
Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full and bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20-25 minutes. or until done. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine 1 cup boiling water and cherry jello; stir for 2 minutes, or until jello is completely dissolved.
Poke holes in the top of each cupcake with a knife or straw and spoon about 2 tsp of jello over each cupcake.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hrs.
In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter at med. speed until smooth.
- Add confectioners' sugar alternately with milk beating 1-2 minutes, or until blended.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Decorate with gummi fangs,halloween sprinkles and colored sugar.
- Store leftovers loosely covered in refrigerator.
- Sugar: 58g
- Calcium: 79mg
- Calories: 494kcal
- Carbohydrates: 75g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Fat: 20g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 104mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 333mg
- Vitamin A: 858IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!