This is a great cobbler recipe that you can use with just about any fruit. Plums, apples or nectarines would also be delicious. Even a combination!
How To Make Simple Peach Cobbler
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Toss peaches, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch in an 8x8 baking dish, tart pan or similar.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- While peaches are cooking, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add cold butter and with a pastry blender or your fingertips, combine.
- The texture should be that of coarse cornmeal.
- Add boiling water and mix until just combined.
- When peaches are done, drop tablespoons of dough on top of peaches.
- It will not cover the whole dish, but dough will spread as it bakes.
- Return to the oven for 25 minutes, until top is golden.
- Sugar: 38g
- Calcium: 60mg
- Calories: 236kcal
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 307mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 249mg
- Vitamin A: 489IU
- Vitamin C: 11mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!