Try this gluten free chocolate cake recipe for something flavorful! This recipe is dedicated to the men in my life. Recently my husband and 15 year old son were diagnosed with Celiac Disease (people who have celiac disease cannot tolerate gluten, a protein in wheat, rye, and barley). This is a lovely rich chocolate cake with a touch of chili to enhance the flavor.
How To Make Gluten Free Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Sour Cream Ganache
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- ½ cup salted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz sour cream
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8-inch cake pan (springform works best) and dust it with cocoa powder. Then melt the chocolate and butter in a slow-simmering double boiler. Once they're melted, remove the pan from heat.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix it with the chocolate-butter mixture and pour it into the pan.
- Place the pan in a bath of boiling water. The water should come up halfway on the side of the cake pan.
- Afterward, place the pan on the middle rack of your oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Once you're finished baking, allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes. Then place it on a serving plate.
- To make the ganache, melt the chocolate chips and pour it into a mixing bowl with sour cream and vanilla. After mixing, cool it and serve with fresh berries.