How To Make Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
Enjoy a delightful baked treat in this cinnamon roll cheesecake, made of a wafer crust and cream cheese icing, for the perfect fall dessert.
- 1½ cups nilla wafer crumbs
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
For Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 fl oz cream cheese, packed, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
For Cinnamon Filling:
- 2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 5 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup flour
- 12 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tbsp butter, room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp milk
Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine crust ingredients and mix well.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes then remove and set aside.
- Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
Cheesecake and Cinnamon Filling:
Reduce oven to 300 degrees F.
For the cheesecake filling, mix the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and 3 tablespoons of flour until combined in a large bowl. Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add eggs 1 at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
Add the sour cream, vanilla extract, and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Beat on low speed until well combined. Set aside.
For the cinnamon filling, whisk together brown sugar, remaining cinnamon, and flour in another medium bowl.
- Stir in melted butter.
Break apart the cinnamon mixture and sprinkle pieces over the bottom of the crust, about ¼ of the cinnamon mixture.
Spread about ⅓ of the cheesecake filling over the cinnamon mixture.
Repeat steps 7 and 8 2 more times, for a total of 3 layers of cinnamon and 3 layers of cheesecake filling.
- Sprinkle remaining cinnamon mixture over top of cheesecake.
Place springform pan, covered with aluminum foil, inside another pan. Fill the outside of the pan with enough warm water to go about ½ up the sides of the springform pan. The water should not go above the top edge of the aluminum foil on the springform pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 30 minutes.
- Crack oven door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and chill.
- Combine cream cheese and butter and mix until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add milk and mix until smooth.
Once cheesecake is cool and firm, remove from springform pan and place on serving plate. Cover with icing. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!